1. One soft-sided bag and one smaller piece of hand luggage per person are recommended. The weight must not exceed 20 kilograms or 50 pounds.
2. Sun block, sunglasses, a wide-brimmed hat, and lip balm with an SPF of at least 15 will protect you from the African sun.
3. Blouses and shirts with long sleeves protect you from the sun and local mosquitos even in the summer.
4. Khaki, green, beige, and neutral colors are best for this type of travel.
5. Please pack t-shirts, shorts, and light skirts.
6. A fleece or sweater and a warm jacket are necessary for game drives even in summer.
7. Sandals or rubber thongs are perfect for showers and boats. They are not appropriate for general use in the bush as you need to protect your feet from poisonous snakes, thorns, and rocky terrain.
8. Cotton pants, jeans, and safari trousers are recommended for evenings and cooler days.
9. Comfortable hiking or walking shoes are the best bet for daily wear.
10. A light, compact raincoat is a good idea for the summer.
11. Don’t forget your swimsuit, since most hotels and lodges have swimming pools.
12. Binoculars and a camera are musts.
13. A cellphone and chargers for your phones, cameras, and video cameras ensure you are connected and have plenty of power for your electronics.
14. Don’t forget batteries for small electronics and cameras.
15. Bring any necessary personal toiletries.
16. Malaria tablets are also recommended for this trip.
17. Bring your credit and ATM cards. Let your bank know you will be traveling abroad and check to see if they have international ATM locations to avoid high fees.